Friday, November 30, 2012

19 weeks and bonus pictures :)


How far along?  19 weeks! (Yes I know I missed a whole week-- but I was at my dad's house for Thanksgiving and to see my sister in the hospital so it all just escaped me. I do have pictures though!!)
How big is baby? Mango- 6 inches from head to butt
What’s baby doing this week? 
  • Developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at her birth.
  • Working on her five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain.
Total weight gain/loss? I'm not even sure at this point. I know I gained about 3 points but I am starting to forget my starting point. I am pretty sure that I am up 8 pounds, but I will give the real weigh-in after my next appointment. Although, I am pretty sure that most of that is in the jugs. Holy cow these puppies are getting big!!! I had to order a new bra AGAIN! Hope it gets here soon because I'm busting out and starting to feel a little inappropriate!
Symptoms? Dare I say it? The puking is getting better.... I'm only puking every third day or so but that beats the pants off three times a day! I have been feeling stretchy and crampy and my right butt cheek keeps going numb when the baby rolls over. I got a dead leg on my grocery run the other day-- thank goodness for shopping carts to lean on as I limped around with my lazy leg in tow.
Maternity clothes?  Definitely out of most of my pre-pregnancy shirts. They just shorten up too much in the front! Although some of my maternity shirts are still a little too big. Stuck between sizes and it's frustrating!!
Stretch marks? None yet
Sleep?  It's not horrible, although I am starting to have a hard time settling down at night and getting comfortable. Then in the morning I am awake-- rarely can I fall back asleep.
Best moment of the week? SOOOO much movement this week. My belly is just jumping. And I am feeling kicks everywhere! Left and right, high and low.... only two weeks ago they were localized to the right side of my stomach. I have just loved laying and watching my belly move up and down. I have a strong little kid in there.
Food cravings Other than the moment last night where I was craving cheese and olives, I have not been having too many weird cravings. Just hungry all the time!!
Movement? Well, I guess I already answered this above! lol
Gender? Only ten days until my ultrasound! And our guess is officially on a girl.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in/out?In
What I miss: Not being hyper-alert to every little twinge and ache. As I get closer and closer to my pprom milestone I get more and more nervous. I keep worrying about every little thing and hoping it's not an indicator of bad things to come. Definitely need prayers for my sanity this week!
What I am looking forward to: My anatomy scan- and hitting 21 weeks so that my pprom week is firmly behind me. Then I can focus on the next big date- V Day!
 Milestones: None this week.

So, I'll start with last weeks (18) belly pictures. These were the morning after Thanksgiving, so I am still pretty stuffed:


This one was Thanksgiving night-- definitely a little bit of a food baby in there too!!!


And now for this week:


No comments:

Post a Comment