Friday, November 9, 2012

16 weeks


How far along?  16 weeks
How big is baby? Avocado, roughly 4.6 inches from crown to rump!
What’s baby doing this week?
  • She's listening to my voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in her ears.
  • She's growing hair, lashes and eyebrows.
  • And she's forming taste buds.
Total weight gain/loss? Still at 4 pounds according to my scale, although I have an OB appt on Monday so we'll see what their scale says.
Symptoms? It probably goes without saying that I'm still puking. But that's alright. It really has gotten so much better and is almost exclusively a one-round event in the morning so it doesn't bother me so much anymore. I have been getting a lot of backaches and helloooo round ligament pain. A little suckier this time around because it seems like my c-section incision does not like the stretching!
Maternity clothes?  Yep!
Stretch marks? The ones that are there are starting to look a little uglier as they stretch back out. I let David take a picture of my belly from straight on--big mistake! It's like looking at yourself naked in a dressing room mirror. Who knew 4 year old stretch marks could be so ugly??
Sleep?  Well, I went to bed at midnight and at 5 AM was up for the day. My hips hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. I don't even want to know what I'm going to be feeling like in about 10-15 more weeks. It seems like my worn out old mom body is not liking round 3 of baby growing. I might just have to start taking naps during the day again.
Best moment of the week? Well, my early morning paid off because David got to feel the baby kick for the first time around 6 AM! So exciting. This baby is just moving like a little madman! I am so smitten for this little guy (gal??). Nate is anxious to feel kicks too. While I'm on the subject of Nate, this happened a few weeks ago but I forgot to mention it. I was in the fridge pulling out dinner, when out of the blue he ran in and kicked me in the leg full-force. He then stood there smiling at me. I was not happy with him to say the least, and as I launched into a butt-chewing he lowered his little voice and asked "but I thought you liked baby kicks?"  What a turkey! So I had to explain the difference between baby kicks and big boy kicks and we haven't had any more problems since.
Food cravings This week hasn't been too bad for cravings. I have been wanting peanut butter crunch, but for whatever reason all of our milk tastes rotten. I even bought a brand new gallon so I am thinking it's just my taste buds being wonky. Plus, it seems like everything smells worse than it really is these days. I made eggs for breakfast (delicious cage-free, organic chicken eggs to boot- my favorite!) and they smelled so bad I thought they were rotten. But, David said they were fine, and after eating mine I can see that they were. So, I will just enjoy the fact that everything is "gross" these days because it will help me stop eating like such a pig.
Movement? Yes, yes, YES!!! I'm just loving it. This whole baby thing is starting to get so real and exciting :)
Gender? Only 3(ish) more weeks until at least one of us knows ;) Although, David and I have yet to come to an agreement about if we're telling or not.
Labor signs? Nope
Belly button in/out?In
What I miss: Unlimited caffeine. I have been so thirsty for iced tea these days. It's my favorite drink and I have been feeling very deprived. I am limited to one bottle of it a day assuming I don't have any other soda or coffee. I know it's better than nothing but one little bottle is just a teaser!
What I am looking forward to: A healthy and uneventful remaining 20 weeks! I am determined to carry this baby to term. Third time WILL be the charm!

Belly pic time:






No comments:

Post a Comment