Friday, November 2, 2012

15 weeks


How far along?  15 weeks
How big is baby? Baby is about the same size as a navel orange. She's curled up in the fetal position, but, if you were measure her from crown to toe, she'd be about as long as a ballpoint pen. Her little feet are about the same size as your pinky-nail. She is now very clearly a boy or a girl, and she is looking more and more like a real baby as each day passes. Her legs are now longer than her arms, and all of her joints work.
What’s baby doing this week? She has several reflexes and will grimace or jump in response to loud noises or a light shined on my belly. Her eyelids are still shut, but she's making all kinds of facial expressions, including "crying" and squinting. She might even be hiccuping in there.
Total weight gain/loss? 5 pounds
Symptoms? Morning sickness still plagues me and have started getting backaches on and off. Also getting crotch pain-- I think Jr is using my cervix as a trampoline from the feel of it! Insomnia seems to be kicking in, I toss and turn all night long! This is such a foreign thing to me, I'm used to falling asleep before my head hits the pillow! But, I think I am starting to pop this week. It's hard for me to tell because I spend every day analyzing my belly--but David swears it's growing, and Nate kindly announces to everyone that his mom is fat because she ate a baby-- so it must be getting bigger.
Stretch marks? None to date!
Sleep?  Well, as I said, I'm really struggling with it. I think a lot of it has to do with being a stomach sleeper who's least favorite sleeping position happened to be on her left side, and now being forced off my stomach and exclusively onto my left side. I would just sleep any old way but I read an article that said sleeping on your right side doubles your chances of stillbirth. Needless to say, it scared the bejesus out of me and so it will be a sleepless 25 weeks....
Best moment of the week? We have been working with Nathan on learning how to pray himself. We do his traditional "now I lay me down to sleep" prayers every night, but have been encouraging him to always pray for something that is important to him. When told he should pray for anything in his heart, and whatever was important to him, he replied with:
"Dear Jesus,
   Thank you for giving me a baby, and for keeping my baby healthy.
         Amen"
Melts your heart right!  He is going to be such an awesome brother. He even told me on the drive home from Walmart tonight that he promises he won't kick the baby when it comes.
Food cravings Blue Icees. It has to be an actual Icee though, can't be a slurpee or a slushie or anything else.
Movement? I spent my entire morning feeling the faintest, yet absolutely certain baby kicks. I am so in love! There is nothing like that feeling. It's by far the best part of pregnancy. Makes everything else seem not so bad <3
Gender? Only about 4 more weeks before we will know
Labor signs? none
Belly button in/out?In, although my belly button ring makes it looked like it's popped out when I have my shirt pulled over it.
What I miss:  Stomach sleeping!
What I am looking forward to: Only a week and a few days to go until I have my cervical scan. Anxious for that!
 Milestones: I can't really think of any big milestones that I hit this week.

And now for the belly pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment