Friday, October 5, 2012

11 weeks


How far along?  11 weeks
How big is baby? Lime sized
What’s baby doing this week? 
  • You can't see it, but she's moving fluidly and gracefully in there.
  • Her skin is see-through, but she's on her way to looking more like a baby.
  • Her fingers and toes aren't webbed anymore.
  • Tooth buds, hair follicles and nail beds are forming.
Total weight gain/loss? 2 pounds
Symptoms? The hormonal headaches kicked in this morning around 3 AM. Ugh. Talk about misery. I tossed and turned and finally around 11 this morning it went almost away- now I am just left with a dull pounding. I always get nervous at the start of a pregnancy headache because when I was in my second trimester with Nathan I got a headache and it didn't go away for a month! It was awful. I spent most of my days laying in a dark room watching daytime television, missing David and drowning in self sorrow. My morning sickness still shows no sign of leaving anytime soon but holy boobage! They are just growing and growing. I am really busting out of my bras! I keep meaning to order new ones and not getting around to it. Maybe I will do that after I am done blogging. The time has come... Backaches are still plaguing me but the fatigue seems to be letting up. I am more tired than I would be if I wasn't pregnant, but nowhere near what I was.
Maternity clothes?  Still fitting into my shirts, but pants are all elastic waisted!
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep?  Getting better, when I'm not up peeing my night away I am getting pretty good zzz's
Best moment of the week? Food! I have never experienced actual hunger in a pregnancy before. But this time no matter how queasy I am, I am always hungry too! It's been great to be able to eat and not have it all come right back up. With Nathan I clearly remember over a month of eating nothing but grits and peanut butter toast because it was literally the only thing I could stand to have near me. David was gone so my fridge literally had nothing but beverages and butter in it because I never wanted to eat anything. Although, we did save a lot of money on groceries. I am eating us out of retirement right now.
Food cravings I have been craving creamed corn like a mo-fo. It's something about my philosophy class. Every single time I step foot in that room I get an instant craving for it. It makes no sense! And candy. The scale says that I am not gaining to much weight, but the dimples on my butt say otherwise. It's getting nasty. I am going to have to go crazy at the gym when jr. gets here.
Movement? On two occasions this week I very clearly felt a thump. I didn't put it as my best moment of the week just because it seems too early to be actual baby movements. But I felt Nate around 15-16 weeks, and Noah at 12...so is it totally out of the question that I might be feeling it at 2 days shy of 11 week this time? I am not going to chalk it up to certain movement, but I expect within the next few weeks to be feeling flutters!
Gender? It's driving me nuts not knowing! I keep thinking it's a girl, but wanting another boy but then deciding that a girl might be fun too and wanting Nathan to have the sister that he wants so bad, but then I imagine another sweet little boy in my arms and want it sooooo bad. I can't stand this waiting game! I am still on team pink but optimistically hopeful for team blue. Just a few more weeks and I should be able to find out. But haha to you because my lips will be sealed.
Labor signs? none
Belly button in/out? In
What I miss: Today I miss Excedrin
What I am looking forward to: Well, the little thuds got me anxious for backflips and bladder kicks. I can't wait to feel him/her moving around. That is my favorite part about pregnancy! Movement and the boobs are the only thing that I actually like about it-- otherwise I would be perfectly content to have the stork drop my baby off freshly bathed and diapered. I'm also looking forward to my first OB appt next week. Anxious to actually nail down my game plan for cervical measurements and ultrasounds and everything else.
 Milestones:Close to the end of my first trimester. And good riddance to it!

Baby Belly picture:




No comments:

Post a Comment