Friday, October 19, 2012

13 weeks


How far along?  13 weeks
How big is baby?
Peach
What’s baby doing this week? 
  • Can you believe she's forming vocal cords and teeth?!
  • And even though she's still teeny, she already has fingerprints.
  • Her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place, in her tummy.
Total weight gain/loss? Well, it looks like I am officially up 4 pounds
Symptoms? Still praying to the porcelain god every day. The peeing all night long seems to have finally stopped though. At most I am getting up just two times a night which is awesome! Starting to get a real bump that is more than just bloat.
Stretch marks? None yet
Sleep?  Finally able to make it through long days with very little of it ;) Otherwise I am sleeping well.
Best moment of the week? Nathan trying to determine (after eavesdropping on a conversation I was having about recessive genes) if the baby had two X chromosomes or an X and a Y. Way too cute!
Food cravings Pickles... cliche right??? Otherwise I haven't been having too many cravings this week. The good news is that my blood pressure has dropped by 22 points since I stopped eating meat like it was going out of style!! I am getting in the habit of eating better and I'm pretty proud of myself. I do not want to pork out!
Movement? Still just occasional taps here and there. Getting so anxious for real movement.
Labor signs? None
Belly button in/out?In
What I miss: For the first time this pregnancy I had a craving for an alcoholic beverage. Had a real hankering for a margarita last night! Maybe some virgin drinks are in store for me.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing my OB next week---hopefully. I was supposed to see him yesterday but after waiting in his office for over an hour, the nurse told me that he got called in to deliver 4 babies and wasn't coming. So, I had to reschedule and I went ahead and set my 16 week appointment up too. 16 weeks! That's only 3 weeks away! That just seems way crazy to me!
 Milestones: First day of the second trimester!

Baby belly time!





No comments:

Post a Comment