Friday, October 12, 2012

12 weeks


How far along?  12 weeks!
How big is baby? The size of a plum!
What’s baby doing this week? 
  • Most of her critical systems are fully formed!
  • She's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
  • She's now developing her reflexes -- if you poke her body, she'll likely move.
  • She's opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.
  • Her brain is developing fast!
Total weight gain/loss? According to the OB's scale I am up 4 pounds. Yuck! Although in my defense it was right after breakfast and I did have on a sweater and jeans...But she said at my weight/height I can safely gain up to 40 more pounds before they will say anything to me about it so that's a relief. I have never gained that much in the past so hoping it stays off this time!
Symptoms? Well, the puking is steadfast. I puked so hard yesterday that I gave myself a bloody nose. Not fun. My fatigue has really come back this past 2 or 3 days too. I am actually thinking I need a nap today before I crack down on the homework. I got my first real dizzy spell in the shower this morning. I got the tunnel vision and couldn't tell if I was swaying or standing still. I turned the water off to get out and decided I better sit on the floor before I passed out. I ended up wet and squatting in the tub while simultaneously dry heaving. I give props to those men that think pregnancy is sexy!! We had a little scare earlier in the week and saw some blood-- I had to go in for a Rhogam shot and they think that I just bumped my SCH loose and bled it out. It's stopped but I am on pelvic rest until at least next week Thursday.
Maternity clothes?  Yep...
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep?  Still being interrupted by my non-stop peeing. I just don't know what's going on! I am up some nights 7 times! I am definitely peeing out more than I drink. It's getting really frustrating. They tested me for a UTI today and I'm waiting to get the results back. Would be nice if it was something so simple!
Best moment of the week? Had my first kinda OB appt. I had to meet with the nurse for an hour. I was supposed to see my OB afterwards but there was a mistake made by the scheduler so I won't get to see my doctor until next week. Oh well! I got to take a tour of the delivery floor. I know I have been there before but truthfully I was not in a place of mind that allowed me to take in any of what I was seeing. Plus I was kept out of the area for normal deliveries and secluded to my own area of the floor. So, I went and looked and kept my chin up. I was happy to see a whirlpool in the bathroom. I am trying to go epidural free with this baby and the tub was a godsend with Nathan. Everything else was good and upbeat and I am looking forward to staying on this route!
Food cravings Cold cereal. I hate milk, totally hate it, and I'm lactose intolerant. But all I want is cereal and more cereal. Nate and I had a great old time perusing the cereal aisle. My diastolic pressure was at 80 today. This means it's time to stop with the burgers and start eating healthy. I have always had incredibly low pressure so to watch that number slowly creep up tells me it's time to stop eating like a little piggy and have a salad.
Movement? I have undoubtedly been feeling tiny taps. I LOVE it. I got three thumps in a row yesterday. They are still so faint that they are hardly noticeable but they are definitely there. So excited to be headed into the most exciting part of pregnancy. So many fun things to look forward to in these next few weeks.
Labor signs?
Nope
Belly button in/out?In
What I miss: Sleep
What I am looking forward to: Movements to get stronger and my appointment next week. Want to find out the game plan for my cervical scans.
 Milestones: Well-- we made it to 12 weeks. That's a big milestone. My risk of miscarriage goes down significantly now! Last week of the first trimester!!

Today there are TWO belly pictures!





1 comment:

  1. Happy 12 weeks!! Ecstatic that you are feeling that sweet baby -- there's nothing like it (as you know) :)

    ReplyDelete