Friday, September 21, 2012

9 weeks


How far along?  9 weeks
How big is baby? The size of an olive
What’s baby doing this week?
  • This is a milestone. She's no longer an embryo -- now she's a fetus!
  • She's developing more distinct facial features.
  • And she might now have a strong enough heartbeat to be picked up by a fetal doppler
Total weight gain/loss? About a pound up
Symptoms? Still puking, still tired and still up all night to pee. Add to that sciatica, leg cramps and horrible mood swings. It's been rough around here. I'm so tired!
Maternity clothes?  I have been rocking the pants. I can't get my jeans comfortably buttoned anymore. I feel like I am going to either bust at the seams or squish the baby. My shirts are still working for me though.
Stretch marks? No new ones to date!
Sleep?  I could have had a glorious night....but then my husband decided to wake me up at 2:30 and blame me for losing batteries that he had to have at...2:30 in the morning. Then, he woke me up again at 4:00 when he locked himself out of the house. Husbands....Then I woke up at 6 AM because I was having a dream that I donated a lung to a friend and when I woke up in the recovery room I had horrible chest pain and couldn't breathe well. Turns out I just had gurgly heartburn in real life and that kept me awake until 7:30. Then, Nate was up at 8 and here I am.... I love sleep so much and there is just never enough time in the night for it. I'm tired. So, so tired!
Best moment of the week? Nate coming up with names for 'his baby'. He decided on Lucy and Oliver.
Food cravings Still gotta have me some meat! I eat almost exclusively burgers and that chicken noodle soup that comes in the red box.
Movement? Still waiting
Gender? Well, we have decided to keep it a secret! That means after this week I can go ahead and delete this question from our survey and you'll have to wait until after he or she is here to find out!! We are also keeping our baby names a secret too so DON'T ASK! We'll never tell!! And don't try to coax them out of Nathan either because he has his own agenda and you won't get a straight answer anyhow.
Belly button in/out?
In
What I miss: I miss sleep, not having a backache, not having to pee all the time, Excedrin, coffee, seafood....the list goes on and on. I am having a tough week! We are headed up to the cabin this week which might be one of the worst places to sleep during pregnancy.Simply because my 5 trips to the bathroom every night turn into my 5 trips to the outhouse, and I have to brave the outdoors which freaks me out. There are bears up there and that's the last place I want to be alone. I made David promise me that he will accompany me to the outhouse all night long because he would feel bad if he allowed his pregnant wife to get mauled by a bear. He agreed.
What I am looking forward to: Three more weeks until I hit the 12 week mark! This is a big day for all preggos. It's the moment that you can finally relax about the possibility of miscarriage. However, it also becomes the last week before I head into the even scarier second trimester. But, one foot in front of the other. I will make it through this one way or another. I am also anticipating my OB appt but I rescheduled it for exactly 12 weeks so I have awhile to go yet.
 Milestones: Well, as you saw above, Junior is now in the fetus club so that's always nice. Otherwise I think this is just a normal old week.

Now onto the belly picture! Ignore the fingerprints again this week. I lied when I said I was going to clean the mirror. Truthfully, I haven't cleaned it once since we moved in and I doubt I will start now:




No comments:

Post a Comment