Friday, September 14, 2012

8 weeks


How far along?  8 weeks!
How big is baby? We hit the inch mark! But-- in keeping with my normal food comparisons, as big as a large raspberry.
What’s baby doing this week? 
  • I can't feel it yet, but he/she's moving those arms and legs like crazy!
  • Its fingers and toes are now only slightly webbed, and its tail is gone.
  • Fun fact: Baby's taste buds are now forming.
Total weight gain/loss?I'm right about where I started
Symptoms? Well, the nausea picked up with a furry. I was spending the better part of my day puking (to include an entire curdled chocolate malt-- that was by far the worst). Then it just vanished. I didn't puke, I wasn't gagging, other than feeling a little unsettled things were good! But of course this was too good to last and the puking came back this morning and left me springing (from a dead sleep) to the bathroom. I'm OK with that though because on my two day puking respite I ended up being more nervous and worried that something was wrong than actually enjoying my vomit free days... It's like when you want your newborn to sleep through the night, and then when they finally do you can't enjoy it because you are awake watching them all night. My boobs are still aching and starting to fill out again. Nowhere near as impressive as they were with Nathan. Although, now that I have nursed them into non-existence I doubt the words "my boobs" and "impressive" will ever belong together in the same sentence again. The insane exhaustion is still my best friend. I am desperately waiting for this to go away. I'll puke my way to 40 weeks-- I don't care, just let me get my brainpower back!!
Maternity clothes?  By the end of the day when my bloat catches up with me I could definitely use some elastic waisted pants but when I wake up in the morning I am still fitting into my clothes-- except my skinnies. Those aren't buttoning.
Stretch marks? No new ones, although I have decided I probably won't get anymore because there is no room left on my stomach for them. Although I better take that back. Now just to spite me they are going to start popping up on my hips and butt.
Sleep?  I am finally able to sleep a little better. I'm not up and awake for the day at 7 anymore (at least not on days I don't have to be). Assuming that I can keep Nathan asleep, I am able to sleep as long as he'll let me. Which usually isn't past 8. However, my son is the killer of napping dreams so by bed time I  pretty much crash.
Best moment of the week? Nathan referring to his "sister" as "my girl". Thought that was so cute. A potential peek into the windows of the future where Nathan is a protective and loving big brother.
Food cravings Meat. I know it's gross. I don't get it either. I have never craved meat a day in my life and in my last two pregnancies I practically became a vegetarian because the mere thought of meat left me running for the toilet. Now, I need a hamburger, or a chunk of meat-- yes, and actual 'chunk' of meat-- to get me through the day. This is revolting to me. The other day on Facebook I was comparing myself to Phoebe in that episode of Friends where although she is a vegetarian she craves meat and has to have it. So she cuts a deal with Joey that he will stop eating meat and let her have his share so that no extra animals die. Now granted, I don't care if an animal dies to fill my stomach, but I also don't want to go through a cow a week!! I will say however, a Big Mac does not constitute a hamburger anymore. I had one yesterday because I didn't want to drive the 15 minutes to Hardees and it was not satisfying. Other than that I am craving Goldfish crackers. They are just so deliciously addicting. I want an over easy egg too but I'm up a creek because I don't know how to make them, and David refuses to make me one as long as I am in the family way.
Movement? From what I read, this kid is a jumping extraordinaire. Obviously I can't feel it yet but OH would I love to get a peek in my uterus. I had my first ultrasound with Nathan at 9 weeks and that kid looked like someone gave him IV Red Bull. He was just freaking out in there. I thought it was so cute and that was the moment that I fell in love with that kid hard. But, knowing what I know now about developing babies, I think this kid already has me hook,line and sinker.
Gender? As I sit here and argue with Nathan about the very real possibility that this might be a boy (and he screams and refuses to believe it) I do think I am back on team blue. I don't know if it's wishful thinking or what but who am I kidding? I don't know what to do with a girl and boys are SO sweet. I just want a whole houseful of little boys.
Labor signs? nope
Belly button in/out?In-- I'm starting to think I should have added these questions in later.
What I miss: Hair dye!!! My roots are awful and the blonde-ish color growing in compared to the black actually looks like I just am missing patches of hair when looked at from a distance. I also miss whitening strips and salicylic acid. I am starting to look like a dirty, frumpy little preggo and there is nothing I can do about it. Only 4 more weeks until I can color my hair though. Can't wait!!
What I am looking forward to: 2nd trimester!! And the return of my energy.
 Milestones: I am officially 1/3 of the way to viability today. The things we PALers grasp at.... Everything is just so scary! Wishing I could be in the 'normal' group that just needs to make it past the scary first trimester-- but I think it's the terrifying second trimester that has my panties in a bundle. I hate it-- so much can go wrong just a few weeks too early to save the baby. Pretty crappy. But, I am not going to worry my frumpy little head about it. God knows what he's doing and I just need to hand this one over to him!

Now for the belly picture--- much more realistic now that my initial water retention has gone away. Ignore the toothpaste and little fingerprints all over the mirror. I have been too lazy to do any extra cleaning  these days. By next week I will try and have it cleaned for the picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment