Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cooking Herman Baby number 3

So...now that my shock is wearing off (somewhat) I can blog with a straight-ish mind.

Anybody that follows me on Facebook knows I have been sick lately. And whatever bug I'm fighting perfectly covered up all my symptoms of pregnancy. I figured the exhaustion was caused by being run down and working so much (and so on so forth). It wasn't until I was standing in Sunday morning church that I thought "maybe" I could be pregnant. I kept getting hot flashes followed by waves of nausea that I have only experienced two other times in my life. Then I nearly passed out when I was leaving the church.

So Nate and I shot down to the Copps Food Market where pregnancy tests were half off (thank you God!) and I figured that I'd pick one up because they were so cheap. Finished up my grocery shopping, went home and put the groceries away then decided to pee on a stick. I instantly got a positive. Thinking that I HAD to be seeing things I called my sister to come confirm the two pink lines. She saw it, I freaked out and then did it two more times. Same story.

It almost killed me waiting to talk to David. I shot him a picture message with the pregnancy test and "Congratulations Daddy" written under it in case he didn't realize what he was looking at. This is the second time that I have gotten a positive pregnancy test while he was gone and he's given me a heart attack waiting to tell him. I don't have the patience for this! He finally called me back about ten hours later sounding dually shocked.  We haven't had much time to talk about it but he sounds happy.

I immediately put in my two weeks notice at work. I am NOT taking any chances. So, my last day of work will be on Sept 2, and my first ultrasound will be on Sept 7th. Until then I will just take this one day at a time. I am already running to the bathroom every ten seconds expecting to be bleeding, or trying not to pick anything up. I have to keep stepping back and telling myself that this is NOT my last pregnancy. Until I hear otherwise I can do things like wash the dishes and pick up toys.

I am cramping quite a bit, but I have to remind myself that part is normal. I'm also tired- but not as bad as in my first two pregnancies. The nausea seems to have kicked in earlier than normal though. Haven't puked yet but I am wondering if this is a sign of a long road ahead of me. Either way I don't care. Bring it on if it means a big, healthy, full-term baby.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe the extra nausea is just a sign of a girl ;) I know you'd be more than content with a house full of boys, but just sayin'...

    You are safe to do those light activities, but I can imagine wanting to take every precaution (I'd be the very same way). You're so sensible and smart -- you'll do the right thing as you know your body better than anyone.

    On a serious note, will you please let me know if you come down with "severe cold" symptoms or a "mono-like" illness? That's not normal or safe and, since Lachlan's birth, I've learned there are tests that can be done to help you and baby...and potentially prevent undue hardship.

    Joy and continued prayers!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete