Tuesday, August 28, 2012

5+4


Well, I'm still pregnant and there are still no problems. I don't know if I really believe it. This is the week where things started to go sour with Noah so I am in a constant worry that I will find myself spotting again and we'll repeat history. I am doing my best to keep my head up but the gloomy "what ifs" always surface eventually.

I have such minimal symptoms that it's almost like I'm not even pregnant. I don't even know how to deal with this since in my first two pregnancies I puked and puked and was sick as a dog. Other than a few bouts of queasiness I have felt fine! I feel like this one is a girl. Obviously the completely different symptoms makes me feel that way but also because a few weeks ago Nathan told me completely out of the blue that "his baby sister would be coming soon". Creepy, right? Well, now he is adamant that he get a sister. I told him that it could be a boy and he was not happy about it. He is refusing to believe it. So, I am hoping for his sake that he gets his sister. As for me, I don't care either way. I just want happy and HEALTHY!

So, just for fun, I figured I would try and keep up with these little surveys every week. I am gonna shoot for Fridays since that's my day off from class, and also the start of my new weeks of pregnancy.


How far along?  5 weeks, 4 days
How big is baby? The size of an Appleseed
What's baby doing this week?  Starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory and digestive)
Total weight gain/loss?  Nothing yet
Symptoms? VERY occasional nausea, exhaustion, cramps,backache and my left boob hurts if I push on it really hard.
Maternity clothes?  A little too soon although if this bloating keeps up I will be in maternity clothes before I know it! There soon will be no hiding it (as if I would want to!!)
Stretch marks? Just the ones from the last couple of times.
Sleep?  What's that? I have been working my tail off and averaging 6 hours of sleep a night. It's downright miserable. BUT, don't worry bloggies, I only have 6 days left at work and then I am going to be a lady of scholarly leisure the rest of my pregnancy.
Best moment of the week?  Nathan was having a fit about how the baby HAD to be a sister. I told him that we didn't get to pick and tried to encourage him to believe that a boy would be just as good. He then told me that he already had a brother and now he wants a sister too. Melted my heart that he remembers his baby brother.
Food cravings: Ice cream which is so bizarre. I don't even like ice cream.
Movement? Still too early 
Gender? Like I said earlier, thinking it's a girl
Labor signs? Ugh! Don't even say that!!
Belly button in/out? Innie
What I miss: Being able to drink beer at the end of a long day at work.
What I am looking forward to: Our first ultrasound on September 7th
Milestones: Made it through the day that I first started bleeding in my last pregnancy. Thank you Jesus! Now to keep it that way!!!


And now for the baby belly picture! And I know I cheated with this week's. This was actually from a couple days ago but my belly looks about the same and there is no way I am getting off the couch to go take another one. Next week I promise to not be so lazy!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! I'm so happy for you guys! With my pregnancy with Caleb I had no symptoms AT ALL except cramping and a missed period. I would never have known otherwise until I started showing. Scared me everyday but it just goes to show nausea is not an indicator of a healthy pregnancy.(Even though the doctors like to say otherwise) Hopefully it will stay that way for you and not rear its ugly head in a few weeks though either! I lifted you up in prayer this week- for a healthy happy baby!

    ReplyDelete