Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Your life may be the only Bible some people read

This past 2 years I have been a praying machine. As my husband got ready to deploy I prayed the Lord would give me guidance and strength. He would allow me to be both mother and father. That I would be able to manage a household alone for 14 months and that he would fill the empty spot in my heart while my husband was away.
Then he deployed and I prayed the Lord would both go before him and come behind him and serve as his shield and mighty protector. I prayed with all my being that he would come home with all his pieces.
Then my husband came home and I found out I had gotten pregnant that week and I threw up prayers of thanks and gratitude to the Lord, thanking him for the blessing of another child.
Then 3 days into my pregnancy when I started bleeding I prayed the Lord would spare my child and not let his life end as a mass of tissue. I prayed for a heartbeat and hope. Which I was given a week later when the bleeding stopped and my pregnancy continued on "normally".
I prayed for acceptance when we believe our child would have Down's Syndrome, I prayed for hope when my water broke. I prayed the Lord would subside my feelings of jealousy and anger when I got put on bedrest and my pregnancy spiraled out of control almost faster than I could handle. I prayed on my way to the hospital to deliver that he would breathe life into my son. And when my son later passed away I prayed the Lord would grant me peace and understanding and hope for the future.

I pray a lot.

Now I have a new prayer.

My prayer is that I will positively reflect Jesus in my life.Throughout this pregnancy and my loss, I have had an audience of people watching me, many of them non-believers. However, thanks to the Lord I have found peace in the middle of a storm. I have found Jesus in a new way and my desire for others to know him has increased in a way that never before existed. I want my actions to reflect that. I refuse to let my circumstances break me but rather to turn glory back to the Lord. I want to turn my pain into something good. I want people to see the peace I have been given, that can only be found through Jesus and have a desire to find that for themselves. I want them to see the amazing outpouring of love Jesus has for us, and to be aware of the many blessings he has given us and that no matter what life may bring, the Lord will always be there to lean on and renew our strength.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. " Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
  --2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment