Sunday, August 7, 2011

1 day postpartum


Our sweet baby boy was born last night. He was 1 lb 8 ounces and 11.5 inches long. I was 24.3 weeks pregnant. I had a placental abruption and went into labor. I had to be taken in for an emergency C-section. My husband was 5 hours away at drill when I went in for my surgery.

Noah lived for just over 2 hours, but by the time I came to, he and I only had a few minutes together before he met the Lord. He died silently in my arms. My husband wasn't able to get there until almost 90 minutes after his passing.

He was the absolute spitting image of his big brother. He was the most perfect little thing I have ever seen. My heart aches tonight. Please keep us in your prayers and I will update more when I am feeling better.

We are hoping his funeral will be this Wednesday although all the details have not yet been worked out. His funeral will be at Faith Community in Waupaca and he will be buried in Manawa. I hope to be out of the hospital tomorrow but they say it may be as late as Tuesday before they let me go home.

2 comments:

  1. I just don't understand why...and I know we weren't never promised such understanding. What I do know is that you and your family are loved beyond belief and He can use even the most difficult of tragedies. Noah's life matters so much and I'm so proud of you for fighting for him. You are a wonderful mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful. So sorry your husband was so far away. Praying for your hearts as you miss your little Noah. Praying his memorial service is beautiful and God shows you the way he has used Noah to touch others lives.
    Hugs and Prayers
    Rachel in TN

    ReplyDelete