Friday, January 18, 2013

26 weeks


How far along?  26 weeks
How big is baby?
What’s baby doing this week?
  • Her eyes have started to open.
  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up my antibodies.
  • She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.

Total weight gain/loss? 
Is no comment an appropriate answer?? I have no gained about 15 pounds. And it's almost exclusively in my butt. Just ask my maternity jeans that don't fit anymore.
Symptoms? 
I have the backache from hell if I lay on one side for more than about 30 minutes. This makes for a VERY restless night of tossing and turning and trying to get comfortable. When I do finally get comfortable I can't sleep anyways though. I have decided I might give up soon and spend my night hours taking pictures of David while he sleeps and cleaning the house. School does start in a week though so maybe I can just stay up late reading Norton's Anthology of English Literature. That's sure to put me to sleep!!!
Maternity clothes?  Let's not talk about the jeans...But I am making the switch to just leggings and sweatpants. It's better this way.
Stretch marks? I can see a few starting :( Add those to the ones I've already got and I think it's safe to say that my bikini days are long gone!
Sleep?  I think I covered that above lol
Best moment of the week? I started buying a few more baby things which is fun!
Food cravings Nothing specific
Movement? Tons of it. She is quite the wiggle worm and she's already found her way up under my ribs. I'm in trouble!!! 
Labor signs? Nope!
Belly button in/out?Halfway popped out
What I miss: Bar dates!
What I am looking forward to: Well, we had a huge weekend planned. David and I were going to drop Nate off at grandma's, go to Appleton, get a hotel and shop until we dropped followed by dinner and a movie. But then our direct deposit managed to get stopped unbeknownst to me and my bank account is now missing two sizable checks. That said, our trip has been postponed since I have to wait for them to come by snail mail now. So...as irritated as I am, I guess it just gives me a whole another week to look forward to my big trip!
 Milestones: Another week is over! Let's keep this baby cooking. 2 weeks until we hit our next major milestone at 28 weeks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment